With so many communities around the world currently facing urgent needs, more grant makers are adding rapid-response practices to their list of priorities. Here are some of our Top Tips.
Rapid-response grants are becoming increasingly important as communities around the world face urgent needs. While the grant management process is usually complex and multi-layered, the current pandemic has highlighted the need for quicker responses from funders. Here are 6 tips for funders looking to make rapid-response grants:
- Pre-screen applicants with an eligibility quiz to quickly determine who meets your funding requirements.
- Streamline the application form by simplifying it, shortening it, and clarifying it, and only asking key questions.
- Set up automated email alerts to keep grantees updated on their application status.
- Be responsive and ask applicants questions to gather feedback and make necessary adjustments.
- Train staff and create quick onboarding resources to ensure a smooth process.
- Use technology to automate as much of the process as possible, including using smart-form builders and digital signature tools.
By implementing these tips, grantmakers can help those in need more quickly and efficiently. It’s also important to remember to review and adapt these rapid-response practices once the emergency subsides, as they may be useful in future crises.